Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

SNOW!
It was snowing this morning when I rode into campus and it felt so great against my face! Although the snow didn't really stick as it got too warm today (~45 degrees F...still 15 degrees cooler than yesterday), it did snow tonight when I was working in the lab. When we left about 10:45, there was a few centimeters of snow on everything! It's so pretty out right now and even though my butt got wet again riding home (since I don't have fenders), I was thrilled to ride home with the snow against my face and the beautiful white, undulating blanket of fresh snow. Unfortunately, I need to buy more film so I don't have pictures...but I'll be sure to get some later on when we get more snow :-).

On another note, I spoke with my advisor Matt today. He wanted to check up on me and see how I was doing and we talked about some important stuff. I actually get somewhat of a choice as to my thesis topic, which is exciting. I'll also be TAing a class for Helga, my co-advisor, which is good to know. We talked about what classes I should take next semester too and I'll get to take 3 since they'll be worth less credits. That means I'll get to learn more...a plus for me. Now if only I could get some work done on my project...that needs to be done by the end of the semester...ArcGIS is driving us nuts rights now....at least our professor is our advisor and we can help eachother in the lab.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember a year ago we were hanging out, going to prague, and hittin' the flea markets? hard to believe it's been a year already. and speaking of film... would you believe that i bought 30 rolls of that cheap film in germany to bring home with me? you better believe it. :o)

01 November, 2006 15:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm lets not use words that kaitlin wont understand...(ie undulating)...second of all you shouldnt be excited to be taking more classes and learn more....you like it way too much...and to think that teachers thought i would be like you when i entered their classrooms...they found out soon enough i guess....

07 December, 2006 12:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home