Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving
My favorite holiday. Last year I was in Germany and made dinner with some friends for some Americans and non-Americans alike. This year, I'm close enough to some family to go visit them for this festive dinner.

Since I learned how to make apple pies and did so successfully in Germany, I made one for the Newman Center Thanksgiving dinner because I wasn't going to be there (and would have been if I did not have family a couple hours away).

I took Shannon to the airport on Wednesday so that she could go home and surprise her family...only her sister knew. Then I hung out at her apartment watching movies (to de-stress a bit from school) and eventually made another apple pie to bring to dinner at the McMillan's in Tooele (two-el-uh).

It was the McMillan's (David, Heidi, Sam, Ellie, Ian, & Alastair), Aunt Pat & Uncle Ted (Heidi's parents), some friends (3), and myself. Ati (Alastair) made the cranberry sauce from real cranberries and he and I also made a delicious fruit salad. All of the food was scrumptious and we enjoyed it around the huge table from Africa.
After dinner, the kids and I played Clue downstairs while the grownups talked or something. Then we all ended up playing Cherades with the adults (4 parents) against their kids and I. We made up things the parents had to act out and guess while the parents made up things that we had to act out and guess. It was hilarious and everyone had a great time. Some of the things were hard but were eventually guessed correctly (sometimes with lots of help from the other team).

I spent the night at the McMillans' to leave in the morning to head back to Logan with a pit-stop at Shannon's apartment to check on the cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home