Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rec
Today I went to see my kids at Rec that I had worked with for the previous 3 summers. When I got there, the directors were glad to see me and about 6 girls came up right away to give me a hug. It was great to see all of the kids again and play with them. I had the Capture the Footballs station. Even though I kept getting caught and being sent to jail...granted, I was one of the few who would actually venture to the other team's side to try to get the footballs.

So Recreation (Rec) is a town run program for kids 5-13 during the summer from 8:30-12:30 Monday through Thursday. There's sports, games, crafts, and trips over the 5 weeks of the program. Every year, the kids go bowling, to a movie, and to a small waterpark in addition to another trip that varies (we went to the zoo last year). Tomorrow is the day to go to Thunder Island, the small waterpark, and I'm joining them :-D.

In the afternoon, I went to see Live Free or Die Hard with my sister and cousin Connor. It was a good action movie despite the lack of believability of some of the scenes. Anyway, I enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home