Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Empire State Games
In the morning, we headed to the Empire State Games with my dad's old roommate (and teammate) and his wife. Dad competed in the Master's high jump with a bunch of other "old" guys (30 and older). There were some guys over 70 that were really funny to watch as they did the western roll over the bar at a height of .9 meters. It looked kind of like they were trying to get into bed...of course I got some video of it :-D. Although dad won his age group (5 of them 50 - 54), he wasn't happy with the height he jumped, 1.55 meters. He now has a year to train to break the record next year...which he will likely do if he fixes his approach and doesn't take off too far from the bar. On the way home, we met my sister Kaitlin at Tully's for dinner, the sports bar my family frequents most often (aka we should own stock in it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home