Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Friday, March 09, 2007

God's Love in a Boy
Tonight was the last Fish Fry before our spring break service trip. As usual, us students worked hard and were there late. While wrapping up things with the dinner, a group of Newmans got to playing hackysack in the hallway. I was writing up my lesson plan for my religious ed class that Sunday because I will be out of town when a little Hispanic boy (about 2) came up to me. He had come into the social hall the week before, just kind of wandering around, and I had wiped off his cheek before some girls came in to get him. So as I'm sitting at the table, he comes up, I put my hand out, and he grabs one or so of my fingers. After a minute or so, he holds up his arms like he wants me to lift him up. So I lift him up, put him on my lap, and he immediately leans into me. I held him and cuddled (he leaning into me, I putting my head on his) as I worked on my instructions for the substitute teacher. That little boy totally made my day/week/month, especially considering the stresses I have had of late, what with getting ready for spring break and all (the letters, last minute details, etc.). I saw God in that little boy as he cuddled with me at a time when I needed it. It's amazing how much joy can come from such simple actions. Eventually, the boy's father came and got him even though the boy didn't want to leave me (which also made me feel good). Joe took a picture of me holding him but I accidently deleted it (honestly)...I still can't figure out why he showed me how to delete all of the pictures on his camera at once...more on that later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home