Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Break!
After a night of no sleep, I commenced our drive to Seattle, WA early this morning. I only lasted about an hour before I had to pull over and have Joe drive. That ended up being the only time I drove...the guys probably knew that it was best that I sleep. That way they wouldn't have to deal with me and guys have a tendency to know best when driving too (at least that's what they think). Due to a debate over whether or not Ponderosa Pine bark smells like vanilla, we pulled off at a small rest stop somewhere in Idaho (I think) to smell the bark. It does smell faintly like vanilla but the smell fades over time (at least it did for the piece that got put in my car). Alas, I accidently deleted the pictures I took of us smelling the trees and throwing snow balls at each other. There was only a little snow in small piles but we made use of it :-).

We got to Eric's cousin's house in Seattle that evening without any problems. Well, it is possible that there were minor things that the guys didn't tell me about but I slept most of the way so I'm not aware of anything. I do remember going to Panda Express for the first time for lunch and not knowing what to get. I'm still not sure what I ordered; at least it was edible. And I think it rained as we were going through the mountains east of Seattle...go figure, rain in Washington.


Eric's cousin and her husband have a nice house and neat little boy. The husband is some sort of video game programmer I think...like many Seattle people. Apparently, everyone knows someone who works for Nintendo and can get their products very cheap. So after some soup for dinner, we played the Wii. It was pretty cool bowling and golfing with just the little hand piece. The motion isn't quite like real life, but it's better than the other controllers. Before long, the four of us students and the family crashed for the night. It was good to be out traveling again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home