Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

USU Idol
Tonight I went to the USU Idol contest that some sorority put on. My friends Jamie and Bemate performed with Jamie singing and Bemate playing the guitar. They are both in the choir for the Sunday evening mass and Jamie has an amazing voice. So a bunch of us Newman folk went out and supported two of our own. There were some great performers, including Jamie, and she made it into the final round. Unfortunately, she didn't end up winning (and getting a guitar) but we were proud of her nonetheless. Besides, I think that the guy who won wasn't really the best anyway and my faith in the voting community was rather low. Anyway, great job Jamie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home