Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Thunder Island
I joined the Rec crew today for the annual trip to Thunder Island, a small waterpark about 30 min away. It's the most popular day of the summer program so we had a ton of kids, which is why the directors asked me to come. I only had charge of 2 little girls who were big enough to go on the regular rides, but who didn't want to always be on them. We split our time between the kiddie pool and the regular rides. Sometimes I just sat at the side of the kiddie pool with other councilors but other times I was more like a ride for the kids. Apparently, riding on an adult's back in a foot and a half of water while they crawl along the bottom is great fun...I should try it sometime too. On the bus ride back, Kaley fell asleep on me and I nearly fell asleep...I was probably 80% there but was still conscious enough to know that I was still awake. Now I'm a bit burnt (but not too bad) and tired after a great day with my kids...boy do I miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home