Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Airport Run & Lieutenants
This morning Molly, Eamonn, Joe, and I woke up early so that I could take all of them to the airport by 06:00. We had some time so we stopped at IHOP for breakfast and filled up. I got my usual hearty grains pancakes but didn't think that I was going back to bed in a couple hours and didn't need to eat all of them right then. Oh well, live and learn.

I got my friends to the airport without any problems although I did see a car off the road. It was only snowing a little bit too. So when I got back to Shannon's, I crashed on the couch for a few more hours. Then we got up and took our time to do anything. We ended going to a nearby restaurant where you have a phone at your table and you use it to place your order. When your food is ready, the phone rings and you go down to get it and pay for it. It's a neat experience and a twist on the typical burger joint. After lunch we went to see Pursuit of Happyness, the new Will Smith movie. I think it is a good movie, which isn't too surprising because I tend to like the ones that are true stories.

Following the movie, we hung out at Shannon's apartment for a bit and eventually went to one of her Lt. friends' house. I met some of her Lt. friends from work and we watched most of Zoolander since it was on TV. After the movie I headed back to Logan to finish preparing the lesson for my religious ed class and Eamonn's tomorrow. And I leave for break tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home