Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Semester 1 - DONE!
I have officially finished my first semester of graduate school. This morning I got up early so that I could take my Small Watershed Hydrology exam at 07:30 in hopes of finishing before Eamonn's thesis defense presentation at 09:00. Luckily the exam wasn't all that hard, except some of the short answer questions that worth too much. This is in contrast to the other tests that had at least one really hard question or too many questions to answer in the alloted time (50min). I was done with the test in just over an hour so I had no problem making it to the presentation.

Eamonn's thesis defense went really well. He had stayed up till 2 or 3 in the morning with some of our friends to change the formatting and such. The presentation turned out great save for a few technical difficulties of the computer mysteriously changing the orientation of the text. So yeah, we're proud of him.

Tonight we went out for a late dinner to the Firehouse to celebrate Eamonn's defense, the end of the semester, and our last chance to all get together before Cena goes back home to student teach. We didn't end up leaving the place till late and I had to drive Eamonn, Joe, and Molly to Layton tonight. After dinner, Jamie, Cena, and I helped Eamonn fold his laundry so he could finish packing. Then we picked up Joe, who had thought in his altered by sickness (a cold) mind that he would walk a couple blocks to save us some time or something. And finally I picked up Molly and we headed to Shannon's apartment in Layton where we were sleeping that night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Altered state / normal reality, meh, what's the difference? ;-) I really did think you guys were coming from that direction. Although, now that I think about it, what the heck was I doing walking down the street in the cold with a suitcase anyway?

14 February, 2007 01:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home