Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bowling
Saturday night, a bunch of us Newman folk went bowling. There were 7 of us altogether: Patti, Joe, Jake, Misty (Jake's friend), Eamonn, Aldo, and myself. We played 2 games while snacking on some tater tots (which I do not consider junk food for purposes of the Wellness Challenge...they're breakfast food). I started out slow but got into the swing of things about half way through the first game and finished it strong. Then I petered out in the second game as my arm got tired and my fingers greasier. But I had over a 100 to "win" the first game (about 125) so it makes up for the 73 or something I had in the second game. Eamonn picked it up in the second game and ended up with 150-something to lead the group. He had a turkey that game (3 strikes in a row)...it was sweet. We'll have to go again so Joe can break a 100 as he was just short at 99 for the second game. Apparently his ball needs some breaking in ;-). After bowling we headed back to the NC and talked for a bit. Turns out that Patti had joined the LDS church for a couple years and needed some suggestions as to how to get them to stop harassing her. We told her she has to talk to Paul who also left the LDS church after a few years. However, Eamonn gave her some books to borrow that highlight the differences in belief between Catholics and Mormons as well as how to answer some questions they tend to pose. I'll have to get a couple of them as they seem really good. Even though I got to bed late, Eric and I still plan on getting up early to head up to the Beav for a day of downhill skiing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wasn't the ball that needed breaking-in so much as it's me overthinking the darned problem every time I go to throw. I know, just know, that if I can just stop thinking about it it'll go that much better.

22 February, 2007 00:21  
Blogger All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

23 May, 2007 22:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home