Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mom's Birthday
Mom didn't have to work today, her birthday, which is unusual. She took it off so she could go with my sister to her pre-op appointment. I had planned on going before I knew mom had taken it off so I also went. Of course, I ended up falling asleep while reading in the waiting room during her appointment. We went to the mall afterward and I ended up getting a couple of nice tops at GAP with a mall gift certificate from last year (when I was in Germany...and couldn't spend it).

Tonight we decorated the tree and there was less bickering than normal but I don't think it was quite the family affair that mom had hoped for. However, the tree is now done and looks pretty good. It doesn't look overwhelmed with ornaments either, so I think it was a good idea not to put every single ornament we own on it...probably half made it out of the garage attic and onto the tree. Even though we have a big tree, we have a lot of ornaments and the number keeps increasing every year because we inevitably receive more. At least all of us kids will have a decent number to start with when we finally settle down and have our own trees. Like that'll happen soon, ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home