Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Inter-Newman Retreat
Tonight 9 of us USU Newman folk headed down to Mount Benedict Monastery to meet with other Newmans. We got there late so we missed the prayer and introductions but we made it just in time for dinner. Of course when we got there, I park, get out of the car, get some things from the back, and try to figure out if I have everything. It occurs to me that I don't have my car keys, immediately followed by the realization that I'd left the car on. So I parked and completely forgot to turn the car off...at least I remembered to put it in park. Now I've been sick for a few days and felt pretty crappy, but still. I decided right then that I was definitely not driving home and went it to tell Eamonn that he was going to drive my car back.

During dinner I ended up being surrounded by USU Newmans (I was too sick to make the effort to move). However, I did get to know Patty who has not been really involved in Newman. After dinner we had a talk about building healthy, long-lasting relationships. The couple who talked was from Logan and very good. They brought up some good points in their talk and their answers to questions that were posed. I found it very good. Then we all played some games for a bit. Of course, I joined the Apples to Apples crew and had fun despite not doing very well. To round out the evening, we had a mass. Despite being sick and haivng to cough a good deal, I read the intercessions because Eamonn had volunteered me (big surprise). I hadn't really read all of the prayers beforehand and nigh on laughed when I got to one about taking care of the sick. Eventually we left the sisters and headed home. We tried to stop at a Super Target but it closed at 10pm for some reason...just like Utah. Eamonn drove well and we made it home safe...I quite enjoyed being able to look out the window and moonroof in Sardine Canyon and not have to worry about driving. Oh yeah, so meeting some other Newman people was nice and doing something away from Logan, the NC, and the church was really good for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home