Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

2 Classes
Today I taught 2 religious ed. classes - mine and Eamonn's. I understand why he has such trouble with his class because it is like mine. A few are ADD or ADHD, some love to talk and give you a hard time, while a handful do what you ask and are good little students. I probably should have sent one or two out of the room but I just didn't care enough...I mean, I was in the Christmas spirit and being nice. All they (both classes) did today was work on making Nativity scenes that Eamonn had created. They mostly just had time to color in the people and such on the three sheets. A few did get to cutting out and putting the people together but no one finished. At least more of my students actually showed an interest in finishing it at home so that was good because it really is a neat project and quite remarkable that he made it all himself from an idea he saw somewhere...he's definitely crafty...in the womanly arts and crafts sort of way.

After teaching, I went home, did laundry, and started packing. As usual, it took me forever to pack and I left much later than I had hoped. However, I did get to see Andy for a few minutes to say goodbye so that was nice. He gave me a jar of huckleberry jam that his friend in Alaska had made...how cool is that? It's a little runny but I don't care. Besides, it was her first time making it and I have never made it so who am I to judge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home