Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Graduated!

I received official word today that I have been awarded my BS from SUNY Oneonta! :-D Despite the problems I encountered this summer with getting it, everything ended up working out. I am elated that it is finally done...it's quite freeing and I imagine that the feeling will return when I receive that actual diploma in a few months.
Also accomplished today:
  • registering for 2nd class (I'm only taking 2! :-0)
  • meeting Brian Bailey who will be infinitely helpful b/c if he doesn't know, he knows the person who does
  • having Oneonta send a letter to USU stating that I completed my BS
  • mailing out transcript requests
  • mailing out a couple postcards
  • finishing hanging up posters in my room...basically I have a soccer corner, movie corner, and Tübingen wall/closet doors
  • finish putting clothes away from being packed
  • mysteriously breaking my printer...I didn't do anything specific but it refuses to eat the paper
  • figured out that I only have to pay student fees...no tuition! :-D
  • bought my sister a couple Quick Study guides for Organic Chemistry and Oedipus Rex by Sophocles for myself

It's been a good day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my letter a few days ago too. My father called me and said that he got a letter that I owed that college 3 more credits...I was about to scream when he told me otherwise. It's feels so great to know that we are done! It's so odd to sit here and think that I actually have a BS in History.

27 August, 2006 09:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home