Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Night
As I walked to "Moonlight and Music" (live, acoustic music at the Old Main Hill Amphitheater), I noticed that there were quite a few people out doing activities like playing tennis and working out even though it was nearly 9pm. Granted, it is a beautiful night, but it's refreshing to see people out doing things.

The music was pretty good and although I wouldn't say exceptional, I did enjoy it very much. I had a bit of an odd experience though. Two guys at seperate times introduced themselves to me. The first came and sat next to me then left about 5 mintues later when his friends did. The other had been sitting in front of me to the right. Some time after the other guy left, he turned around, introduced himself, and offered for me to sit next to him. I had been planning on leaving within the next 15 minutes give or take so I declined and left after the song was done. Basically, it was weird. I'm not used to guys doing that, especially two in one night. Despite the slight freakiness of it, I learned something from it. A girl alone at an event will likely attract attention from guys because they are not as intimidated or they feel sorry that she is alone. (The same can be true if you switch guys and girls.) In other words, it's easier to be picked up when alone (or possibly with one other friend). I think that it would also hold that it is easier to pick someone else when in a group. Just my thoughts on the matter...wonder what others think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home