Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Monday, August 28, 2006

School
Classes officially started today! I'm psyched that things are finally getting going...though my first day could have been better. My MWF class had been moved to the library according to the posting in the Natural Resources building (my main bldg for the dept/college) so I got to the room it specified and waited until 11:3o when class was supposed to start. No one showed up so I figured I would check out the Engineering building since that's where it originally was supposed to be...couldn't find my class. So I go to the NR building and ask the lady at the desk where the class was. Turns out the location had been changed again but not posted. I headed back to the Engineering building but the door was locked to the room number I was given. To cover all my bases, I asked a girl if I was in the Engineering building, as in ENGR. I wasn't in the right building because we have 3 or 4 Engineering buildings; the one I hadn't seen and didn't know existed was where I had to go. Basically I ended up 20 minutes late for class, which ended early so I was only there about 5 minutes. Luckily the professor understands and I didn't really miss anything.

Although class was kind of a bust today, I did get out before noon. That allowed me to get over to the student center area for free Aggie ice cream. :-P (it started at noon) This time I had a mint ice cream with what seemed like small bits of cookie (Oreo kind) and white chocolate flakes. Though I am pretty sure I had this kind back in April, it was the line I was in and it tastes good.
After doing a couple of other things, I figured I might as well donate blood today (as opposed to another day this week) since I was around and free. I'll be receiving a Utah blood donor card in the mail 0:-).

I finally was able to catch my advisor in his office (I've been trying for a few days). He got me squared away on a couple things and I'll find out everything else tomorrow during our meeting with all of the new grad students. He also said that computers were ordered for all of us and he is anticipating their arrival. It means that I'll have a computer at my workstation on campus that is up-to-date and I don't have to lug my lap-top around. A new computer...not having to pay tuition (only paying student fees)...getting $1,795.58 back because I did pay some tuition...I think I made out pretty well. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home