Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Basketball
I played some pick-up basketball today and it was great. Andy was meeting some of the guys he works with at the Rocky Mountain Research Center (it's on campus...aka Forest Service guys) for some ball and he let me come along. We played 3v3 full court and boy do I need to get in better shape. It wasn't really bad but I am definitely not where I should be. The guys are all pretty fair players...and Andy who claimed to not be a very good player is much better than he lets on. I mean, he actually looks athletic with some good ups, a good shot, and the ability to finish. Not very good...sure he's not. Now I just have to get in better shape so I don't feel old even though I'm the youngest.
One of the great things about playing is that my knee is feeling better and seemed to hold up alright with the brace on. My range of motion increased significantly since yesterday too. Yay for short injury time! :-D
The guys try to play at least once a week so hopefully I'll be able to play with them some more as it's awesome to play again...even out of shape. :-)

Another highlight of the day was the thunderstorm. Luckily September is not nearly as dry as August (I've seen the average precip graph). There was some thunder and lightning accompanied by some heavy rain :-D. I miss the amazing summer thunderstorms in New York. The only semi-downfall is that the storm was a result of the cold front that means a temporary end to the really warm temps. It's been a high in the 80's all week and next week is only supposed to be in the 60's-70's. So cold :o). However, we are forcasted to get some snow Friday-Saturday at least in the mountains and mabe here in the valley. We'll see...fall/winter is trying to push summer away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home