Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Shopping
This morning I headed down to spend a couple days with Shannon, my friend from high school who just moved to Layton, Utah as she took a job at Hill Air Force Base. Being a Sunday, we weren't sure what touristy things would be open and how late. So Shannon made an executive decision to go to Park City. Park City was one of the big venues during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. It also has outlet shops that we just happened to hit up on Labor Day weekend.

We weren't really in a hurry but did have a goal of trying to find Shannon some good hiking boots and basically enjoying ourselves. Now I normally do not like shopping as I find it frustrating and tiring as I usually go when I need something and can never find what I want when I need it. This time, though, I didn't really need to get something and was just on the lookout for things that I would use and were great deals. Boy did we do well. We perused stores and tried on a myriad assortment of clothes to see if we could find anything we liked that was also on sale.

Shannon ended up getting a pair of Merrell hiking boots for $80ish (same ones that I have actually) as well as a pair of shorts for $10 and some other things. I got a pair of shorts for $9, capris for $15 (both Calvin Klein), a lightweight zip-up hoody for $10, and a pair of running sneakers for $60 (which isn't an amazing deal but still good...and I can take them back to a store in Logan where I may have to get a bigger size due to my variable sized feet...it's annoying.

So we really scored some great deals today and had fun just hanging out. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home