Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Remodeling
Today I helped Eamonn (pronounce "A-mon"...it's Irish if you want to look it up) with getting his room habitable so that he can finally move in and stop sleeping outside the Newman Center in his tent. While he and Shelley (I think that's her name) went to get some supplies at the store, I started with some sanding. Eamonn wanted to "muddy" the walls which entailed covering the walls with an uneven layer of plaster. (I don't know how to describe it so you can look it up if you really want to know.) So I learned how to do it and helped with that as well. Since painting had to wait until the plaster dried, I did do some weeding out in the front garden. While I was out there, Eamonn came out to help and asked me if I knew some of the plant names, which I didn't (in fact I still don't). I think he knows all of the plant names in that garden...turns out his undergrad was in horticulture, go figure (now I don't feel quite as foolish).

It felt good to be able to help and I am looking forward to visiting Shannon tomorrow to (hopefully) help her with unpacking on Monday even though I will miss the Newman mass again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home