Utah Sojourn

My life and experiences while I work towards my MS in Utah.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gitting, Manyara, Tanzania

Just finished my MS in Watershed Science at Utah State University. Am now embarking on an adventure in Tanzania through the Peace Corps. After 2 months of training, I have just started teaching secondary Chemistry and Physics, which will be for 2 years.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Small World
Today after Church, I met a few people and realized just how small the world is. Since I've gotten here, I've discovered that more professors know SUNY Oneonta than I expected. Most people also know Syracuse, NY and some have even been there. However, I was thoroughly shocked today by a couple that I met.

The social was designed for students and faculty to meet eachother. One of the couples I met turned out to be from Syracuse...both of them too, not just one. The real shocker is that the wife not only knew Central Square, she had been there yesterday! I couldn't believe it and am still trying to get over the shock. She had been home to visit her mom in Camden and filled her mom's prescription at Wal-Mart...the same place I know several workers. Her parents used to live on CoRt 37 a couple miles or so up from Camic Road in a house her dad built. When the husband died, the mom eventually remarried and moved to Camden...all information I know you were dying to know. ;-)

The guy I met also happens to be a geology professor and dean of the College of Sciences. He started college at Oneonta but dropped out and ended up finishing at Potsdam, where he met his wife. They are a really kind couple and I think could be very useful resources in the future. I mean, geology...dean...sweet.

NOTE: I'll put the names up when I check them...they are hanging on my wall in my room...where I am not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home